Yoga Studio Etiquette
Please support Abhyaasa’s intention to create a sanctuary from busy lives; a place to connect with others on a deep level, as well as to experience the profound wisdom that resides within yourself by following the yoga studio etiquette and guidelines:
- Try not to eat within an hour before class.
- Make it part of your practice to arrive 5 to 10 minutes early to allow time to check in and settle on your mat.
- Please leave shoes on racks in the hallway. Please DO NOT bring shoes into the studio.
- Turn off cell phones before entering the studio, or better yet do not bring them at all.
- Please be sure you register and pay at the computer sign in desk BEFORE each class.
- Please do not wear strongly scented fragrances.
- Please tell your teacher about any injuries or limitations you have before class begins.
- Plan to stay until the class is over. Leaving during meditation/savasana may disrupt the practice of others. If it is absolutely necessary, please leave mindfully and silently.
- Please avoid bringing valuables with you, as Abhyaasa Yoga cannot be responsible for theft or loss of personal items. Small items, such as car keys, may be kept neatly by your mat. All other items should be hung on a hook at the entrance.
- Be prepared to leave your ego at the door, be playful, open-minded, relax and have fun!